Residencies will run for one year, commencing from June 2022. The Dean Arts Studio are currently running an open call to all creatives from multidisciplinary backgrounds. This is a unique opportunity for creatives to take up a yearlong residency in a dedicated city centre studio space completely rent free. Closing date for applications is midday, Thursday 5th May 2022. We encourage all artists and cultural producers to become part of the fabric of the studios working together as a collective community. Residents will be provided with free studio space. Once selected, participating artists and producers will work with the Dean Arts Studios staff and co-members to identify ways to connect their work, interests, and expertise with site programming.
This is not just a residency for visual artists, practitioners working across a range of creative disciplines are welcome to apply. The application is open to musicians, comedians, writers, producers, curators as well as visual artists from all disciplines. Artists must be a resident of Ireland and have resided here for at least one year prior to the application deadline. · Participants may not be enrolled in diploma or degree-seeking programmes, either part-time or full-time, at an institution of higher learning at the time of the application deadline or during the residency year. Applicants must be professional practicing artists with an active track record in exhibition making and/or engagement in their practice within recent years.
Access to a free studio on Chatham Row, for one year from June 2022. Additional financial supports will be determined in consultation with the Dean Arts Studios for costs incurred for public-facing projects. Onsite accommodation will not be available as part of this residency. For artists based nationwide (in areas exceeding reasonable commutable distances) the provision of accommodation will need to be considered as an additional cost to the artist.
Open Call commences Thursday 14th April 2022 at 12:00hrs GMT Application deadline closes Thursday 5th May 2022 at 12:00hrs GMT Selection is complete by end of May 2022 Residency start date 2nd June 202
The Dean Arts Studios is a celebration of creativity. We strive to be an inclusive space representing the cultural, artistic, and social diversity that make up Ireland today.
This residency covers the cost of your studio, utility bills and WiFi, the only cost additional to this is getting your own insurance. You will need Personal Property Insurance, and Personal Accident Insurance. The VAI website has a list of brokers who specifically deal with Artists Insurance you can find it by following this link: Insurance for Artists | Visual Artists Ireland. For artists based nationwide (in areas exceeding reasonable commutable distances) the provision of accommodation will need to be considered as an additional cost to the artist.
No, as with many city centre locations there is no parking for vehicles or bicycles at the studios. For loading into your studio vehicle drop offs can be arranged with the studio manager.
Terms & Conditions
- By submitting an application, applicants confirm they have read and understood all of the information set out in the sections ‘About the Residency’, ‘Making an Application’ and ‘FAQ’s’ on this website.
- Your application will be considered ineligible if:
- You did not apply online
- Your application was incomplete in essential detail
- Your application was submitted after the closing deadline
- Your application did not include all of the required documentation
- No one has legal right to be awarded the residency.
- Selectors are not obliged to view materials surplus to requirements.
- Decisions regarding the Dean Arts Studio residencies will be communicated via email. It is the responsibility of the applicant to regularly monitor the email address referenced in their application.
- Programming schedules are set by the Dean Arts Studio, preferences of the artist are not guaranteed. Timing and duration will be negotiated following selection and preference will be given to those who are available for the full term of the residency.
- For artists based nationwide (areas exceeding reasonable commutable distances) the provision of accommodation will need to be considered. Accommodation is NOT supplied as part of this residency.
- Please be aware that successful applicants who are unable to participate in the residency at the time proposed by the Dean Arts Studio will have to forfeit their place and re-apply for the programme, places will not be held.
- On being awarded a residency an agreement will be drafted outlining the conditions of the residency at the Dean Arts Studio.
- The successful candidate should not be overcommitted to other work or projects or be in full or part-time education, which would compromise full immersion in this highly competitive opportunity